- Crowchild/1A to Trapper’s Hill via Cochrane.
- From the intersection at the 1A and 22 Highway proceed west
- Approximately 15 km turn Right onto the #40 to Waiparous.
Trapper's Hill Lodges is signed from this intersection.
- Travel through Waiparous for approximately 24kms until you come
to an Intersection on your left it is called Richard’s Road.
Do Not Turn Down This Road.
- After going past Richard’s Road and around a right hand
bend, there is a Forestry Road on your left. Trapper's Hill is signed from this turn off.
- Turn Left onto this road, over a Texas Gate and through 2 black
- You now will travel west on this forestry road (TransAlta Pipeline
road) for 8 kms. Trapper's Hill is signed along this road.
- Along this road you will come to a small bridge (2kms
approx from gate) cross over the bridge and follow the road right
up the hill.
- This will bring you up onto the valley side, continue
along this road until you see the Framed Gate on your Left you
have now arrived at Trapper’s Hill Lodges Campground (Trapper’s
Hill has a wood fence around
- Turn Left through the framed gate and over a Texas Gate into
the car park.
- Please call into the office at the front end of the Covered
Tie Stall, where our Caretaker will meet you and then direct you
to your accommodations.